My Dressage Kit
- Instructor is key- Make sure you find a trainer who believes in you and the horse, and will help you get the best out of them.
- Practise- Make sure you have a plan and do little and often. I have found this to work best by schooling at least 3 times a week with a day of something different in between, even a 15/20 minutes schooling session can be really valuable.
- Arena- We all aren't lucky enough to have a lovely menage to ride in, but how many tests are actually on a surface eventing? Not many! So get your mower out and trim a 40x20 or 60x20 arena in the field, it works wonders for the horses balance and getting you used to riding on grass.
- Test riding- My amazing grandpa cut down old white half drain pipes and I used them for the arena boards, this got my young horses used to the white boards and helped myself riding in the same size arena on grass. It really does tighten up a lot trust me!
- Understanding- If you can get your instructor to have a sit on your horse then DO! It makes such a difference. They can help explain more how to help you and understand the horses way of going more. My instructor gets on regularly and even shows me the more advanced moves on them before I have ago, this way really helps me visualize and ask correctly when I get on board.
This is a one off way to help support the Becci Harrold Eventing team without having an ongoing commitment. Whether you can help with an event sponsorship or even something small from the Amazon Wishlist. Every little helps, its great to have support from other friends and followers who wish to help us on our journey and to also want to feel part of the team.